01-26-2020 10:25 AM
I purchased laptop on line flip cart The item delivered with defective USB ie USB not properly mounted.
Service center said it is not covered in warranty with repeated request.How to get t rectified .My investment on this product become worthless
01-28-2020 04:31 PM - edited 01-29-2020 01:27 PM
@leoskarthik Greetings from the HP Community!
Is the device under HP warranty? how long has it been since you purchased it?
When was it last working fine? Did you update the BIOS or run a test to identify the issue?
Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
Meanwhile, try the below steps:
- Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:
- Ensure your laptop is OFF.
- Unplug all the external devices (If any).
- Disconnect the power charger from the computer, and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
- Connect the power supply (power adapter).
- Press the power button to turn on your laptop.
- Then put your battery back.
for more details: Click here
Use these steps to troubleshoot USB connections: click here
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
01-29-2020 01:28 PM
And it's been the same since you purchased it, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee