03-11-2017 11:49 AM
The left hinge on my Envy notebook seems to be malfunctioning and is separating the bottom case, leaving a gap an making it next to impossible to open the computer. It sounds very much like the same problem as others are reporting but I haven't seen a public asnwer. Any ideas what the best way to have it fixed is? Can I fix it myself? It's a 3 year old computer, functioning well otherwise but I'd hate to have to put a lot of money into it. Thanks!
03-11-2017 04:40 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot