08-12-2017 04:15 PM
Sound was working, after a fix that increased 'Maximum Memory'. Then today 8/12/2017, I applied the latest upgrades. Now sound is gone again. Re-did the "Maximum Memory" raindance again: still Conexant is not responding...
08-13-2017 06:09 PM - edited 08-13-2017 06:10 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you require assistance with audio issues after a windows update. I will be a delight to assist you here.
Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you check in device manager if the audio drivers are installed correctly?
For now please try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.
- Then restart the computer and check if the audio comes back.
If it still does not work,
- Please perform an audio driver install from recovery manager by following the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2sGgxLM and check if it gets resolved.
- If the problem persists, you could do a Microsoft push button reset from this link: http://hp.care/2tz94m9 and this should do the trick for you.
- Finally, if it continues, please run hardware diagnostics on the sound module from this link: http://hp.care/2uAR1xx by following the option under UEFI Component tests. This is to check if the computer's hardware is fully functional.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot