Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

< and > keys of my laptop HP-AU111TX not working

HPau111tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

< and > keys of my laptop are not working from the day i bought laptop (From 4 months). 

I tried holding Sft+< and > but its typing , and . . Shift key is behaving as Expected for other actions.

Keys_not_working.png

1 REPLY 1
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 574 1622
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

< and > keys of my laptop HP-AU111TX not working

Do you have more than one "language" enabled in the "Regional Settings" (within Control Panel) ?

If not, and it did not work from "day one", then exercise the "warranty" to get your computer serviced, probably by replacing the keyboard.  Or, take it back to the store that sold it to you, and "swap" it for another identical system.

Either way, remember to backup, and then delete, your personal files, before shipping it away, or exchanging it.

Maybe, that retail store will "pull" a keyboard from an identical computer, and "swap" it into your computer, and they will return the identical computer (now with the defective keyboard) to their supplier.

Experiment: open a command-line prompt, and then type:    ECHO  " << TEST .. TEST ,, TEST >> "

exactly like that, and press ENTER.

Will it let you enter those characters? LESS-THAN, PERIOD, COMMA, GREATER THAN

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation