cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

m.2 slot

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-aq165nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to add m.2 PCIE SSD to my HP ENVY x360 laptop (model: 15-aq165nr), but it does not appears neither in BIOS or device manager. My SSD is Patriot p300P256GM28.

Please help 

4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
43,932 43,718 7,011 12,355
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Support for: 256-MB, M2.2280, solid-state drive supporting triple-level cell (TLC) the Patriot drive is newer and is not TLC. This was the factory M.2 PCIe/NVME M.2 and is a bit dated technology but something like this is more likely to work:

https://www.impactcomputers.com/847109-003.html

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So there is no way of making that Patriot SSD work in my laptop?

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
43,932 43,718 7,011 12,355
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps not. If it is correctly inserted into the slot and the BIOS does not recognize it sorry to say I am having a hard time coming up with a path forward. Make sure BIOS is updated to latest and check for a firmware update for the SSD. Either one of those is worth a try but unlikely to make a difference. It's almost surely a compatibility problem. Pretty common when you mix the latest NVME M.2 SSDs with older laptops. 

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, thanks very much for replying.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation