Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

m6 hidges broken, screen separating from case, bezel cracked

Paviion M6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Purchased laptop at Best Buy for a lot only to have it fall apart.  It has been sitting on my desk with a post it that says don't move.  You should expect to have good merchandise from HP without feeling like you purchased a lemon.  When it first happend I searched and found nothing.  Something told me to give it a try again and search and I see hundreds of reports of the same problem UGH! OBVIOUSLY bad design.  There probably is not one person that has this device that has not run into this problem.  The big question is, what will HP do for me.  We have a house full of hp laptops and this one s the only one with this poor failed design.  HELP, Laptop has years of life but can't be used because the hindges/case is falling apart.

4 REPLIES 4
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 6655 119 419
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BluePWC

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HelenA64 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue, did you get any resolution?

0 Kudos
Retired danny-r
Retired
8251 7100 141 471
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HelenA64

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tictactaylor Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, so I purchased an HP Omen laptop last night from the British retailer Argos. Immediately, it was obvious that light bleed was coming from the display at various points at base of IPS panel. Upon further inspection, the bezel appeared to be coming unglued from whatever it is adhered to. You could see visible gaps, and when lid moved upwards it made alarming noises as if the whole assembly would split. This was in a sealed HP box this device. I've never seen such a flimsy bit of assembly ever, even having worked formally in the tech industry. As for a support phone number for the UK, it seems their isn't one. Kindly pass upwards my thoughts here, in that I think it would take huge persuasion for me to buy an HP device again. It cost me the trouble, yes I did get a refund... But will never forget last night when trying to connect to an online support agent... You are next... That lasted 2 hours! Dreadful dreadful service folks, dreadful!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation