Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-db0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having serious performance issue that began about a month ago i think?  Any time my memory usage goes to above 85% or so, youtube has problem streaming smoothly, it makes broken buffering sound (repetitive sound is best way I can describe it). Like the computer is trying to produce the video and sounds, but has problems doing it. 

taskman.jpg

I wanted to use this black friday deals to get some more ram, but I have no idea what the maximum allowed ram for my model laptop is. 

On a side note, this performance issue began when I've noticed a change in the name of my computer which I do not recall changing.  Shown below. Anyone have any idea what might have happened? I initially called my computer home. and that name doesn't coincide with my model name  15-db0011dx. It's very strange. Thanks for any help on either of these issues. 

name.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your laptop supports maximum 16GB DDR4 ram, speed maximum 2133 Mhz

it has 02 Ram slot

you can install 02 set of 8GB ram on it, speed 2400Mhz and 2666 Mhz are easily to find 

HP Recommended

i remember the spec saying it only has one ram slot. 

HP Recommended

Ahh sorry i forgot about using A6 CPu

From maintenance instruction:

"One memory module slot (E2/A4/A6 processors):
Memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable
DDR4-1866 single channel support
Supports up to 8 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations
● 8192 MB (8192 MB × 1)
● 4096 MB (4096 MB × 1)"

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245081

Then your laptop is has solder ram an non upgradeable

For sure, maybe you should open back plate of Laptop to see by own eye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.