Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-1319er

I have HP Pavilion dv6-1319er.

I buy a memory KVR13S9S8/4 4Gb x2

But the laptop does not turn on with this memory.

What is the problem of this memory and what should be taken for this noubuk?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HP has not posted a correct manual for that model. The specs say it takes DDR3 memory; the manual posted says it takes DDR2. If it took DDR2 you could not have even plugged in this DDR3 modules. 

I believe that model takes DDR3-1066 aka PC3-8500 memory. It is going to need to be low density i.e. 8 black blocks on the side of the module, not 4. 

https://www.amazon.com/PC3-8500-Modules-204-pin-1066MHz-Tech/dp/B00C53A3Y8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

HP Recommended

The laptop has installed memory PC3-10600S-9-10-F1 
And works in this form
This memory is DDR-3 1333 Mhz 1.5V

There is no difference in parameters

HP Recommended

I assume the existing modules are smaller capacity? It should be able to take 8 gigs but it is not impossible it maxes at 4. 

HP Recommended

How the density of modules on the board affects whether the notebook turns on or not ?!

HP Recommended

It doesn't even power on? Should turn on even with no memory just won't POST

HP Recommended

When the power indicator and numlock light up, but the screen remains black.

Nothing else happens.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.