Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 5 (2,201 Views)

my computer's fan making loud noise..

Hi,

i have a HP ENVY ULTRABOOK , the problem i have being facing for about a month or so  is the fan of the system makes loud noises. now its not a grinding noise, its just spinnig noise i guess. i know that i might have some dust in the system but the thing that worries me is that i wont stop like its running for 10 to 20 minutes continuously..what should i do?? should i go get the dust cleaned ??

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (2,174 Views)

Re: my computer's fan making loud noise..

[ Edited ]

Hi Ahsan111,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP ENVY Ultrabook and having a noisy fan. Here is a link to overheating that will show you some things that might cause this issue and others.

You might want to check out this link to updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Grad Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,161 Views)

Update the BIOS for sure. If you still have issues, contact HP to have it sent out for a look. A new heatsink may be required.
Student
Message 4 of 5 (291 Views)

Hi

my HP laptop is brand new and the fan is constantly on making a noise.  It couldnt be dust at this stage as it all looks very clean.  my office is cool and i sit by a drafty window so i dont think its the temperature.  today is its first time of customer use and i have downloaded and installed a lot including office, anti-virus and the printer so its been busy but im not sure if thses are the reasons, could you advise please?

thanks

Highlighted
Intern
Message 5 of 5 (280 Views)

If the computer is brand new and installing lots of updates, it WILL be working very hard which can definitely cause the fans to run. Check the task manager and see what processes are running and how much CPU they are using. If they are using a constant 30%-70% or so, your computer will run warm. Give it a day or two to finish all the updates and see how it's doing then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation