Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my hp laptop battery is blinking white and laptop not starting even after removing battery

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Anushya Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, I suggest you try with an alternate wall outlet, another power cord/adapter and check if that works,

If the issue persists, we may be looking at hardware failure within the motherboard or the DC port.

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your laptop is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power charger from the computer, and remove the battery.

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply (power adapter).

Press the power button to turn on your laptop.

Then put your battery back.

for more details: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and did what you asked. Problem persists. What is the next step? I hope its not the motherboard problem mentioned by so many other customers. Please help me to be able to keep using this great HP Specter Laptop IC: 1000M-7265NG  Serial:[edited] Model: 13-4003dx

HP Recommended

@haslsah, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you have tried the steps 1 and 2 mentioned in this document and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar, 

please help me. I followed the steps you told me. It just lead me to the Support community where i got these steps from you.

My laptop has no warranty, but i keep reading that it is a common problem amongst these laptops and that HP will take care of this.

So please, how can i get my laptop fixed?

HP Recommended

@haslsah I'm afraid there's nothing much that we can do to help as this is a hardware malfunction, I suggest you check with an alternate adapter, if that doesn't work, replace the battery followed by the motherboard, to be on a safer side, I suggest you check with a local tech store and have them diagnose this further.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar, 

it is a shame that the company which sold me a laptop can not show responsibility for the decaying of their product. I would like to keep using my laptop without having to spend almost as much as a new laptop. It should not be my responsibility if the treatment the laptop received was the right one. I hope to be able to find a way to get my laptop fixed with you guys. It always worked without any problems until one day it just would not start. No warning, no apparent damage, no misuse, no questionable software, and sadly no support for the issue. 

I sincerely hope you will reconsider, and help me get my laptop fixed. I am not the only person having this problem.

Best regards,

Hans

HP Recommended

@haslsah I understand your concern, however, the only thing I can do at this point is this, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.