Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
presario cq61
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello all 

i have a  hp laptop .(the battery won't work anymore so i'm using  its charger directly ) .Recently (since two days ) when i was using it , it stopped once for all (shut down) . I clicked on Power button many times but it was an useless tip even when i reconnected its charger .

I went to a "repair technician" , he saw it then he said that the mother board won't work anymore and this cannot be repaired so i need to buy a new one .

In home I was wondering if the problem came from the power adapter of the laptop so i tested it with a multimeter . In its back (Power adapter) it's written 18.5v and when i had tested it , the multimeter showed me about 20 v ( 19.77v)  

so i'm here to ask , does the increase in voltage have an effect on the laptop ? i mean the laptop blew  ?

if yes please tell me how can i find something like a fuse on the mother board to change it 

if no please give me solutions to repair it because i need it or someone give me explications why it stopped for working .

Thanks for reading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hamidou12

Welcome to HP support community.

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hamidou12

Welcome to HP support community.

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.