07-27-2012 08:37 AM
i might have an issue with my hp mini 1000 ssd and will probably need to replace it.
what ssd do you guys suggest i get and what is "supported" by hp? anything specific i need to know before i go ahead and buy one?
07-30-2012 07:44 PM
I replaced my 8GB with 16GB in my HP Mini 1000 a while back. I don't exactly remember the part number but I bought it from CPU Medics. I called them, gave them the part number that was in the service manual and purchased on the spot. I received genuine, but you can use aftermarket SSD hard drives and it should work fine. Here is a link where the hard drives are, not sure the PN but you can find it:
Also, this is very easy to install, it's something you can do yourself and only takes about 15 mins depending on your skill level. Good luck
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot