05-17-2014 03:00 PM - edited 05-17-2014 03:09 PM
not able to install my printer on my Asus Laptop. I have the Hp OfficeJet 6480 and an Asus X550C running Windows 8.1. After downloading the software on HP's site nothing happens after it downloads and does the extract process. The installer just dissapears. If I try to uninstall it, I get a message saying that it's running and cannot ininstall. I've tried the Print and scan doctor as well as the Installation wizard. Also disabled firewalls .... nothing works
Solved! View Solution.
Re: not able to install my printer on my Asus Laptop. I have the Hp OfficeJet 6400.
05-27-2014 11:41 AM
It turned out to be a corrupted .dat file in the windows directory. Removed it and problem solved!
05-17-2014 03:38 PM
Try with the
to install the software.
* Click on KUDOS thumbs up to say thanks
* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.
05-17-2014 04:29 PM
Thanks for reply. I did try that earlier and basically the same thing happens. And, apparently some of it keeps running as I can't delete it unless I reboot. I'm thinking that there are some additional drivers required for this Asus Laptop. I was able yo install it on two 8.1 desktops with no problem. My Dell laptop finally accepted the download after many attempts - maybe the wizard - I forgot I've done this so many times. it's just the Asus laptop where this happens now.
06-13-2014 11:46 AM
Oh, thank you for the update. I am glad to know that the question is solved
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot