Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx. Last time I realised that the back screen cover lid is broken on one side and the LCD bezel also came off next to the hinge. I have used only on a desk my laptop and just happened this because of normal closing. Other than this is in like new condition. I was thinking to extend the warranty by a HP care pack but I do not know if the repair is covered by it. It needs to change back screen cover lid.

This laptop have never been damaged or used improperly. There's not a single scratch or dent on laptop. Even after just regular usage I also noticed after searching on internet that this is a very common problem and many customers have faced similar issues   with the hinge. So this clearly is a manufacturing problem.

I am very disappointed about this could happen with an HP laptop of this age.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Gery30

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking to extend the warranty by a HP care pack but I do not know if the repair is covered by it. It needs to change back screen cover lid?

It is not easy to contact HP in UK if your item waranty is expired?

thanks Gery

HP Recommended

@Gery30

Thank you for posting back. 

Not to work, let's try this link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html Contact HP Worldwide

And, also you can fix this repair with local service center as well. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, THE ONLY WAY I was  able to contact with HP support the installation off  WhatsApp messenger on my phone, they say the only way is to repair my laptop broken back cover (because of the week material holding the hinge clearly is a manufacturing problem ) is paid repair cost of £ 253.40.  For get this replay I have been waiting 1 hour and 46 min!! Because many of us have this problem they should replace it free of charge for three years after purchase, still would causing inconvenience!!! After 15 years loyalty customer of HP I am very disappointed. I bought directly from their UK site the notebook. They did not help to buy the back cover as part on HP Store, is not AVAILABLE for a less than 2 years old notebook!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.