Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g7-2275dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Product Name: hp pavilion g7-2275dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,
I just want some help with my laptop keyboard, the number keys is not working
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
Up on this... Yet to receive a reply on this...pls help
HP Recommended

Hi @Rickyo,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the number keys are not working on your HP laptop. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

Meanwhile, let us perform a few steps to isolate and fix the issue:

Let's start off by following the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Numeric Keypad Does Not Work (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suggest you try these steps here:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "keyboards".
  • Right click on the keyboard drivers in it and select uninstall.
  • Restart the laptop. During the restart, the keyboard drivers should automatically get installed. 

If the issue persists then let us run a hardware test on the keyboard:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

Figure : HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

Figure : Component Tests options

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Keyboard - Quick interactive functional test of the keys on the keyboard. Click Keyboard, then Run once. The Keyboard Test time is 3 minutes.
  • Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for the swift reply...but unfortunately both didnt work, especially the second one since my hp pc diagnostics uefi version is just 1.6.0.0..and all i have on the menu are memory test, hard drive check and language
HP Recommended
Oh and by the way i have recently upgraded to windows 10 as well to take care of my network and ethernet problems
And just to add the keys tat aren't working are numbers on the number pad (1, 4) the direction cursor buttons (up & right) and the number/special character buttons found on top of the letter keys (1!, 2@, 3#, 4$, 7&, 8*, 9(, 0))
Hope this helps you find a good solution to my problem, thanks
HP Recommended
I tried to use the uefi version for my laptop under windows 8.1 settings, sp63599 but it says that my microsoft. net framework isnt 2.0 and i don't know how to uprade it at all
HP Recommended
I recently checked my regedit and it shows i have a windows 10 creators update: 460798 with a .net framework 4.7 version...i am at loss if the uefi requirements is at least 2.0 net framework and i have 4.7 version....then why it doesn't work?
HP Recommended

@Rickyo

Hi,

as @Jeet_singh is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience. 

Please ensure that Win10 is fully up to date. Secondly, download and install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from this HP link. Once the link opens, click on the download button as shown in the below image:

You may also try the following steps:

• Open the device manager
  • Expand "keyboards". Right click on the keyboard drivers and select uninstall.
  • Restart the laptop. While restarting the laptop, Windows will automatically reinstall the keyboard drivers. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
Hi i just downloaded the program, but thanks too long to install, i have been waiting for 2 hrs now..does it really take this long?
HP Recommended
I got failure id : RU2F1G-6KJ8PN-MFPX0K-G01U03
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.