Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-db0025nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

good day, i have a problem and i hope i will be able to solve it. A few months ago I asked here on the hp community, a good nvme ssd for my notebook, they recommended the samsung 970 evo plus, and I find excellent performance, but as soon as I use it a little even going to do only windows updates or a antivirus scan, and going with hwinfo64 I notice that the memories go up to about 60 degrees celsius, but the controller also goes towards 86 degrees celsius and maybe even around 90 degrees celsius. Obviously for safety, I put Windhoek 10 back on the hard disk, leaving the SSD paused just to avoid damage to my notebook. Could you tell me what I can do?

PS I apologize for the english but i am using google translate

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Saverio469 

Sorry, but the Samsung 900 series do run hot -- especially on new PCs.  If you buy kits to install these, those often come with heatsinks to apply to the SSDs because they do get so hot.

About all you can do is look online for m.2 SSD heatsinks to be attached to the SSD.  That will help the heat situation somewhat, but it won't solve it because these new high-end m.2 SSDs run hot.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
  • ok thanks but how many millimeters must the heatsink be to be able to enter (considering that the notebook has the 2018 design therefore very thin)? And how many degrees would the temperatures drop?

@WAWood

HP Recommended

@Saverio469 

Sorry, have no information on either.

IF you go online to the MicroCenter site and look at the m.2 ssd items, you will see some heatsinks that have adhesive and can be stuck to the SSS.  I think the pack I saw had different thicknesses, such that they could be layered if needed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.