Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i have the envy x360 laptop and recently when i try to login with windows hello only one IR node keeps flashing and the other node doesn't work. needless to say once the other node went dead windows hello isn't logging in as effortlessly as it was before. Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ahmedelshater,

Were there any recent windows update on the PC?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn off Fast Startup

Type power options in the Search box, and open Power Options
Select Choose what the power buttons do
Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
Uncheck the checkbox next to Fast Startup

Reinstall Windows Hello drivers

Update the IR Camera driver using this link. Click Here

Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter

Go to Search, type troubleshooting, and open Troubleshooting
Go to Hardware & sound section of the troubleshooter
Now, click on Hardware & devices
The troubleshooter will start, so wait for the process to finish, and follow further on-screen instructions
If the troubleshooter found a problem with Windows Hello, it will automatically fix it
Restart your computer.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Step 1. Use the Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch the Run.

Step 2. Type “gpedit.msc” and then hit the Enter.

Step 3. Expand Computer Configuration and then go to Administrative Templates -> Windows Components –> Biometrics.

Step 4. Double-click it and then open the Allow the use of biometrics setting.

Step 5. Tick the Enabled option.

Step 6. Click the Apply and then OK.

Step 7. Apply the modification one more time to the Allow users to log on using biometrics setting.

Step 8. Restart your computer and let the modification take effect.

Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options
Step 1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

Step 2. Under the Accounts menu, select Sign-In.

Step 3. Locate Fingerprint or Facial Recognition options and click Remove under them.

Step 4. Choose Get Started and then follow the on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint and Facial Recognition.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to check whether this reset helps to troubleshoot unresponsive Windows Hello functionality.

If the issue still persists try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Let me know if this helps! 

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My device is HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx, none of the methods you mentioned worked and now none of the IR nodes are working. please help

HP Recommended

@ahmedelshater

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Try these steps:

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall the IR camera driver

Step 2: Remove the Face Recognition and PIN sign-in settings

Step 3: Clear the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

Step 4: Add a PIN and set up Face Recognition

Step 5: Perform a system reset ( follow the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05873680 in order to complete the troubleshooting steps) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.