Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Pavilion laptop has its power charge lght flashing oraange nonstop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @Wrath0819,

If the computer is shutting down during the test while running an extensive test, it could be a hardware issue. 

As you have mentioned that the computer shutdown due to overheating recommend you try the steps suggested in this HP Article

Run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure all the drivers are updated, especially BIOS and chipset. Click here

Also, run the troubleshooter from the control panel and select power and follow the onscreen instructions. Step 4 in this HP Article.

Let me know if this helped. Good Luck. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi @Wrath0819,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand that the power light is orange and blinking repeatedly.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details.

I need the exact model and product number of your PC. How to find the product details.

Are you able to turn on the PC and login to windows?

Are you getting any error messages when turning on the PC?

Please provide that required information so that I can assist you better.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day! 🙂

HP Recommended

model number: G6 - 2249WM

product number: C2N47UA#ABA

it shows a boot error as well every time it starts up. which causes me to hav to perform 2 hard shut downs to reboot the boot program. i don't want to restart to write down the error code >.< I don't believe anyone but a tech would want to do that!

i am able to get logged in and after that it works fine!

HP Recommended

Hi @Wrath0819,

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate your time and efforts and thank you for providing the product details.

As I understand that you are having boot and startup related issues.

I suggest you first run a system test on your notebook.

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI as the preferred method for testing hardware.

If the test fails then you need to contact the HP Phone Support for further assistance.

If the test passed follow the steps from this article to further troubleshoot the issue.

Keep me posted with the outcome.

Have a great day! 🙂

HP Recommended

i did a quick test and everything passed. but when i try to do the extensive test the laptop shuts off. Overheating issues.

HP Recommended
My hp pavilion 15-n245sa the power button doesn't
Go off its always on
HP Recommended

@Wrath0819

Thanks for replying. I truly appreciate your efforts. 

If you do not initiate a test after powering on the laptop, does the laptop overheat and shut down now? If yes then the evidence points towards an internal failure and I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options.

If the laptop does not overheat and shutdown when the extended test is not run, then please perform a BIOS rollback. You may refer to the steps mentioned under "Step 1: Recover the BIOS using a key press combination".

Hope this helps. Let me know how this pans out. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
My hp pavilion 15-n245sa have the power light which doesn't go off
HP Recommended

@Shadrick

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-n245sa Notebook. I read that the power light stays on always. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is it the power light on the power button or the place where the charger plugs into the laptop (charging light).

The charging light will stay on indicating that the battery is getting charged. Moreover, please check if the laptop is shutting down completely or if it entering the sleep mode.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please update the BIOS on your laptop via this link.

NOTE: The charger must always be plugged in until the BIOS update is complete. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how this pans out. Good luck! 

HP Recommended

no. but it still fails to boot properly after a restart. If fully shut down, it will start. and fail 2-3 times in a row. 3rd or 4h power-up it has to be told to try again. it's out-dated, and off-warranty. i bought it when wndows 8 was the running system. however, i cannot afford a new laptop, or the price of repairs. I also cannot do without, as i have things i can only do on my laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.