Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

overheating

hp pavilion 15-n026sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello, i have a overheating problem with my hp pavilion 15-n026sa,i downloaded 2 programmes to read the temp of my cpu not originally for the hp but another computer i fixed which overheated and blew the cpu,but since i had the software i tryied it on the hp and its 90c when in use and 83 when idle it seems way to high to me, so first i opened it cleaned the dust replaced the thermal paste to know effect so then i bought another heatsink and fan and installed yet again no change,i also went about updating the bios which it didnt need to b updated, so i am at aloss, wondering has anyone else had the same problem

4 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
5597 1025 1824
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

overheating

Hi,

Can you perform a stress test with this program AIDA64 extreme (trial) and see temps of cores and also include the GPU in the stress test.

https://www.aida64.com/downloads

Also go to device manager and try to see if you can update drivers for chipset and processor.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
jon21 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

overheating

how long should i stress it for, also dosent seem like any driver needs to update went through device manger to see if there was any updates needed and there wasnt,im running the stress test now the cpu is running at 53c and the hgst is 29, the software i was using before was speccy and cpuid hwmonitoring and they said 80 to 90c, and i tryied them out on a new computer and the one i had just fixed they were normal temps my one was the only one reading high.

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
5597 1025 1824
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

overheating

Hi,

Run for about 10 minutes. You should see temps of each core. Anyway, if you run for 10 minutes and the system stays stable I would say that the system is good. I would trust this program more than the free ones which could be making mistake withsp69101 sensors on your specific device. If there is real overheating problem, the stress test will crash the system even in one or two minutes.

Did you include the GPU in the stress test?

Hope it helps, 

David

0 Kudos
jon21 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

overheating

well i ran it for bout five mins and it seem to just stay in the 50s,i didnt see any crash problem but the monitor went strange alright went off and came back on flickered until i restarted it, i did the stress test again after the restart and it was grand,to be honest it never seemed like it was ever struggling the fan never goes into overdrive, overall heat of the laptop itself never seemed overly bad, but just when i see results like that its better safe then sorry,

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation