Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (481 Views)

pavilion 17-g148dx

Product Name: pavilion 17-g148dx

I just bought pavilion 17-g148dx and need to add more RAM to it. I was told by a sales person that pavilion 17-g148dx is upgradable to 32GB RAM. How do I remove the back cover? OR is it the keyboard which I need to remove?? I removed 22 screws and CD drive but the cover still does not come off. I also noticed that the hard drive is attached to the upper panel where the keyboard is

I do not want to damage the product in any way to upgrade RAM.

If I am unable to to add more RAM, I will have to return this laptop to the store for full refund. Please provide steps to remove the keyboard panel or back cover. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (469 Views)

Re: pavilion 17-g148dx

Hi,

I would like to say 2 things:

1. The salesperson did not say the true,

2. This is a non-users upgradable RAM. Please look at page 1 of its Maintenance and Service Guide on the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/8499304/model/11084070/manuals

If you wish, page 41 will show you how but this will void warranty.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation