04-25-2016 01:32 PM
I just bought pavilion 17-g148dx and need to add more RAM to it. I was told by a sales person that pavilion 17-g148dx is upgradable to 32GB RAM. How do I remove the back cover? OR is it the keyboard which I need to remove?? I removed 22 screws and CD drive but the cover still does not come off. I also noticed that the hard drive is attached to the upper panel where the keyboard is
I do not want to damage the product in any way to upgrade RAM.
If I am unable to to add more RAM, I will have to return this laptop to the store for full refund. Please provide steps to remove the keyboard panel or back cover.
04-25-2016 01:56 PM
I would like to say 2 things:
1. The salesperson did not say the true,
2. This is a non-users upgradable RAM. Please look at page 1 of its Maintenance and Service Guide on the following link:
If you wish, page 41 will show you how but this will void warranty.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot