Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Pavillion g6 will not power up. The blue light where the charger plugs in blinks. I have tried another charger.It still won't work. When pressing the power button the button light doesn't even light.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alpost,

It sounds like an issue with your motherboard; do you know if the computer is still covered under warranty? If you are not sure, have a look at this link to confirm.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Alpost,

I understand you state the laptop you have does not turn on, is that correct? I will be more than happy to help you with this issue.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, if you are unsure where to locate that information please have a look at this link.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Red Rose,

The model number is: Pavillion g6-1c45dx. You are correct. It will not turn on. The onl sign it has power is the AC adapter light on the computer glows. the light on the power button does not glow.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

Alpost,

Thank you for that information.

I understand you mentioned you tried a different charger but the results did not change. Have you tried with no battery and just the charger inserted only? If you have not, try that.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Red Rose

I have tried the different power options. The results ar the same.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Alpost,

Other than the LED light next to the charger port, do the caps or number lock lights blink?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Red Rose,

The charger port light is the "only" thing that shows any sign of life.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Alpost,

It sounds like an issue with your motherboard; do you know if the computer is still covered under warranty? If you are not sure, have a look at this link to confirm.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Red Rose,

I am going to treat this issue as if it is the motherboard. The computer is out of warranty so I guess I will trash it.

The display is also out. I was going to replace it, but it's no longer worth it with the motherboard issue.

Thanks for your help.

Alpost

HP Recommended

Alpost,

Okay, sorry we couldn’t fix this issue without having to replace hardware on it.

I hope everything works out for you, if you any future issues or questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Have a great day

Thank You

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.