Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 convertible 15-cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have newly bought hp envy x360 convertible notebook and  laptope battery  drained out within 4 to 5 hours and 2% to 5% battery loss occur when my pc is shutdown  so my pc also use battery when it is off and after every minute 1% or 2% battery loss occur when i using laptope so i need tips to how resolve this problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@qasi120
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Use these tips to change the power consumption of the computer to conserve battery power.

1. Reduce the number of open applications. Each open software application uses memory and power, even when the application window is minimized. Close software applications to conserve battery power.

2. Reduce the brightness of the screen to the minimum readable level. Use the function keys to adjust the brightness or use the display settings in Windows.

3. Remove peripherals when not in use. External hard drives and other peripheral devices can draw power from your battery even when they are not in use. Disconnect peripheral devices when you are finished using them.

4. Reduce the speed of your processor. The faster your computer works, the more quickly it depletes battery power. You can extend the charge of your battery by slowing down the processor speed.

5. Turn off the wireless function. Wireless connections draw battery power. When the wireless capability is not needed, turn it off. Press the Wireless On-Off button so that the wireless feature and wireless light turn off.

6. Change the power option setting. Select either HP Recommended or Power saver to conserve battery power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.