Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pendrive not working

HPFD220W-16
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My pendrive not recognize message comes when i plug my pendrive. This is due to in past i try to format pendrive and that time it shows unable to format and the message appears 'usb not recognize '.what is solution pls tell
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 12732 826 1421
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pendrive not working

@Nehal1

Thanks for taking the time to post your query on the HP Support Forums page. 

I understand that you have a 16 GB HP pen drive and it does not get recognized on your computer. In the past when you tried to format the pen drive, it said: "usb not recognized." I'd like to assist you with this case.

We need to isolate and check if the issue is with this pen drive or if it is an issue with the USB ports on the computer. I would like to know the below information to assist you better:

• Have to checked if an alternate pen drive gets recognized and works with your computer?
  • Do other USB devices (mouse/keyboard, etc. if available) work with your computer?
  • Does this HP pen drive work on a different computer?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to perform the steps to fix USB related issues in Win10. These are tried and tested steps for HP computers and should work for other Win10 based computers too: Troubleshooting USB connections (Windows 10, 😎

NOTE: Please perform only the software based troubleshooting from the above link. DO NOT engage in hardware based troubleshooting as it is different for each computer model. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know ow it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation