Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am getting a "plugged in, but not chargin" notification.  

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery driver.

I did the battery check and it came back good.

I bought a new power cord, and I am still getting the same message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @boskokitten

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I understand you are having an issue on your Envy notebook with the battery charging and wanted to help. 

Which specific Envy Notebook do you have? This document will help you get the specific model number for your system. 

Is the system able to power on with just the battery installed? What about with the battery removed and using just the AC adapter?

You may want to start with this document which will guide you through troubleshooting both the adapter and battery along with how to calibrate the battery. 

For more general battery performance information you can click here

Please get back to me on how you make out with these documents. 

If you find this resolves your issue, please click to Accept as Solution so others can easily locate the information going forward and to say thanks simply click the Thumbs Up!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @boskokitten

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I understand you are having an issue on your Envy notebook with the battery charging and wanted to help. 

Which specific Envy Notebook do you have? This document will help you get the specific model number for your system. 

Is the system able to power on with just the battery installed? What about with the battery removed and using just the AC adapter?

You may want to start with this document which will guide you through troubleshooting both the adapter and battery along with how to calibrate the battery. 

For more general battery performance information you can click here

Please get back to me on how you make out with these documents. 

If you find this resolves your issue, please click to Accept as Solution so others can easily locate the information going forward and to say thanks simply click the Thumbs Up!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Product name:HP ENVY 15 x360 PC
Product number:G6T85UA#ABA

I am only at 10% power, so I can't risk powering it on right now without the power cord (I have homework due tonight).  

I just watched the videos on how to remove the battery, so I will try that next.

Thank you.  I will let you know my results. 

HP Recommended
Sometimes a bios update will resolve this issue.

This can also be caused by a defective motherboard.

Is your machine in warranty?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Probably not in warranty.  I've had it about 18 months

HP Recommended
Probably not, but how did you pay for it? Some credit cards double the manufacturer's warranty. If you paid with a credit card you might be in luck.

I use my Discover card to pay for All Electronics purchases.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I bought it from Best Buy and used their financing.

HP Recommended

Good news.

I removed the battery, and it started up while plugged in, but not just the battery.

I put it back together and now it's charging, again.  

Crisis averted. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.