Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-au084tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

adapter is connected but laptop is not charging. whenever the power is switched off the laptop immediately shuts down. and to  use the laptop i have to keep it connected to the power.    my laptop is 2 years old and the series is pavilion 15-au084tx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its an internal battery so you need to open the back to get to it. Here's the Manual:

Manual

(16) Battery  849909-855

Pages 29-32 show how to do it. Pay attention to warnings re static, etc. 

The second one is an -850 part number but will work fine. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Depending on how you have used it 2 years can be the lifespan of the battery. Have you run battery diagnostics on it from HP Support Assistant? We need the advanced output which tells cycles, health of each cell, etc. 

HP Recommended

battery_check.png

HP Recommended

The battery is almost 3 years old and now can only store 53% of its original capacity. It is only a 2 cell battery so was not very strong to begin with. It says "OK" but that test is pretty simplistic like the idiot light on the dashboard of the car. Needs a new battery. Need help finding one to buy and to install it?

HP Recommended

yes i need to know which battery to buy for my laptop model

HP Recommended

Its an internal battery so you need to open the back to get to it. Here's the Manual:

Manual

(16) Battery  849909-855

Pages 29-32 show how to do it. Pay attention to warnings re static, etc. 

The second one is an -850 part number but will work fine. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

849909-855  and -850 both are not available

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Pretty sure yes. Its a BP02XL just like the one I recommended and appears to be a genuine HP product. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.