Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello and thanks in advance for your help!

I own a 15z-ef2000 and would like to upgrade the Realtek RTL8822CE Wi-Fi/BT card.

The maintenance and service guide seems shows the following factory options:
Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac 2 × 2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® 5.0 (MU-MIMO supported)
Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 (MU-MIMO supported)
Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11bgn 1 × 1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2
Turbo Lite WLAN SVTP

I've never heard of a Turbo Lite WLAN SVTP, and prefer an Intel AX200/210 if at all possible.

Could you please recommend an upgrade to the Realtek RTL8822CE?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would try this model which HP installed in my 15-ee0047nr notebook which also has an AMD processor (Ryzen 5 4500U).

Works great.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

You can find this model Wi-Fi adapter on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

You have the service manual, but here is the link to the service teardown video for the model series which may also be of help as long as HP didn't make any major changes to the notebook design.

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP 15-ef0000 Laptop PC | HP Computer Service | @HPSupport - YouTube

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would try this model which HP installed in my 15-ee0047nr notebook which also has an AMD processor (Ryzen 5 4500U).

Works great.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

You can find this model Wi-Fi adapter on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

You have the service manual, but here is the link to the service teardown video for the model series which may also be of help as long as HP didn't make any major changes to the notebook design.

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP 15-ef0000 Laptop PC | HP Computer Service | @HPSupport - YouTube

HP Recommended

First, just a quick message to thank you for the helpful HP PN, testimonial and tear-down video.

Appreciate it very much, and will let you (and the community) know the final result!

🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

Have you installed the latest drivers for the Realtek card?

The latest version ends in .227 with a June 2022 driver date.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul, thank you again!

The reason for the upgrade is actually not performance, but rather because I think that the Realtek card is causing BSOD's.

Part of the troubleshooting process over the last year was trying different drivers, so I did try that one, thank you!

I thought about about posting the issue here, but for now am working with good folks on another forum.

Have you heard of any other users having problems with hardware failures of Realtek WiFi cards?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Literally hundreds of forum members have posted complaints about the Realtek Wi-Fi cards over the years --especially the RTL8821 and RTL8822 cards.

Just when you think Realtek will do better with newer model cards, they never fail to disappoint.

Now their new model AX cards are plagued with issues.

So yes, if you have tried all the driver updates and whatnot, your only option that I know of would be to replace the card with an Intel one that may be supported.

I have no idea why HP continues to use the Realtek cards in their desktop and notebook PC's.

Their customer support folks must be overwhelmed with support requests.

Looking forward to reading about the results of your Wi-Fi card upgrade project.

HP Recommended

Thank you again, very much! Good to get that background from the expert.

Was not aware of their reputation, that's really quite unfortunate.

I'll let you (and the community) know how it goes! 🙂

HP Recommended

Purchased this card.

Windows recognized it immediately. I have not tried bluetooth but assume it works. Wi-Fi is working with no issues.

For the moment will assume that this card could be considered an upgrade for this15z-ef2000 laptop.

card HP P/N: L35282-005

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Thanks for letting us know the Intel AX200 works in the 15z-ef2xxx model series.

If you see an Intel Bluetooth device listed under the Bluetooth device manager category, the BT should work fine too.

HP Recommended

OK and thank you @Paul_Tikkanen!

Confirming >> in the device manager under Bluetooth there is a device called "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)".

Thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.