Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0006ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Is it any possibility to install Microsoft Precision Touchpad Driver on HP Envy 360 2018 using version of the driver from HP Envy 2019? Or from any other HP laptop (not using Lenovo files, because the solution doesn't work good anymore).

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EvgeniiS Welcome to HP Community! Is there something wrong with the existing driver? because HP doesn't suggest or support replacing it with another driver, mostly because it may trigger compatibility issues, that said, if you wish to proceed at your own discretion:

Here's a link with the detailed step by step instructions on getting this done, had to find this for you on a 3rd party link:

Click here for details

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Synaptics drivers doesn't work that well as Microsoft Precision ones unfortunately. The touchpad experiences lack of speed and sensibility. It's almost impossible to use gestures compare to other modern laptops with precision drivers.

Unfortunately the link you mentioned here doesn't help. The solution doesn't work anymore.

So I know that 2019 HP Envy laptops use Microsoft Precision Drivers an I wonder if it is any possibility to use it on my HP Envy 360 2018.

Thanks for you help.

HP Recommended

@EvgeniiS I'm afraid there are no such options of installing the precision driver on the current model, and yes, you're right about the new models coming with the precision drivers.

I hope there was more I could do to help, however, there's nothing else I can offer in this topic.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with, and click here to fine tune your mouse settings for better usage.

And have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.