Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the exactly same problem
Device manager shows me that the device is installed but digital persona doesnot detect it
same screen shots for me as of above post 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. It help me for use digital finger print. I was having problem for use it.

HP Recommended

Hey!

OK, need some help!

I have been reading the previous posts about how to reconnect my fingerprint reader...but I am having no luck. 

Under Device Manager, Validity Sensor does not even show up and I have downloaded the software..multiple times...and windows says there is no Biometric devices on my computer??

HP Simplepass disappeared when I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro just the other day...

What should I do??

HP Recommended

i have the same problem also , i have the biometric drivers but didital personal say no reader detected and enrolment canceld

HP Recommended

Hello DOCTOR-KAMEL,

I see that you are having problems with the fingerprint reader on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I installed the Validity software from http://www.validityinc.com/software/hp/wbf.php on Windows 7. I had to clear and re-enrol my fingers but it works fine. YAY

Hope this helps someone

HP Recommended

I found that when I go to hibernate HP pavilion M6, I don't close my computer until it is completely powered down (lights off and everything). Every time I allow it to hibernate all the way before even closing my laptop, the fingerprint reader works every time I go to resume my work. That could be a individualistic thing with just my computer but I've tried redownloading the software trying to fix the issue internally, and this is the only physical way I could figure to work consistantly. 

HP Recommended

I'm having this exact same problem, how did you reslove it? Thanks for any help

HP Recommended

thank you very much, I am also suffered from this problem but after I apply what you tell, the device is working good.

best regards 

HP Recommended

How do I get the fingerprint reader to be detected after a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade. It worked fine before that. Have tried every fix from updating/uninstalling drivers, changing software interfaces and cleaning it off; along with changing the power management settings from the device manager. I at a lose at this point.

What am I not doing? What should I do? Help please 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.