Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook" Windows 8.1

Pavilion dv9500 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I upgraded to Win 8.1 from Vista everything went great and worked ok with a couple of minor driver issues.  after about 4 or 5 months I noticed on the file manager that the DVD player didn't show up anymore and when I went to backup Quicken.  I have looked for and tried a couple of updated drivers and I received a couple of trojans for my trouble so I haven't tried in a while.  Now I have a program on a disk I found that I would like to install.  If I put the disk in the DVD player and it recognizes it and runs till it times out so I don't think It's the player.  It does the same thing with the Win 8.1 disk.  The DVD R/W does not show up in the Root dir or the device manager file either. I've even pulled the DVD and started up, shut down and put it back in and re-started with no luck I hate to buy a new one if it doesn't need it. Thanks any suggestion would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
103179 93731 14393 22114
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook" Windows 8.1

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to run through the resolution steps at the link below and see if one of them fixes the problem...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation