cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

"Hanging" laptop

HP Recommended
HP 255 G7, 7QK48ES#ACB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a problem: for unknown reasons the laptop periodically (there is no regularity) "hangs." Diagnosis in the authorized service center did not reveal the problem; There was a complete reset of the laptop to the factory settings - the problem was absent for one month, now appeared a day later. Is it possible to solve the problem?
P. S. Also carried out the self-diagnosis of the device by all regular means - everything showed that the laptop is healthy.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
26,960 26,888 2,457 5,842
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Prelat 

You have an intermittent problem and those are very hard, if not impossible, to diagnose and fix.

Laptop seizures are invariably caused by two issues -- failing memory and failing hard drive.  The first tends to get worse, not better, and does not correct itself.  The second also tends to get worse, but a factory reset can mask the problem and make you think it has been fixed -- when it has not.

When a factory reset is done, the complete drive is reformatted and Windows is reinstalled from scratch -- starting from the beginning of the drive.  As you use the drive and write to it, you write farther and farther into the drive -- possibly into areas near the end of that drive that are failing.  That will cause the PC to hang up with those bad sectors.

When the reset was done, those sectors were probably not used -- so you won't see the symptoms until some time later -- as you are doing now.

I don't know how the HP diagnostics check the drive, but when I run it, it only takes a few minutes.  When I run third-party drive diagnostics on drive myself, those take HOURS to complete.  So, the HP diagnostics might not be finding the problem.

The only thing I would do, if this were mine, would be to replace the drive.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response; As far as I understand, it's a hard-core drive, and I have a solid state drive; or is the problem still un canceled?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation