10-04-2016 02:49 PM
My laptop says it is "plugged in, not charging".
I have restarted twice.
I have tried using the adapter for another Pavillion Notebook 15, it does not help.
I ran the HP Support Assistant battery check, my computer charged whilst the check took place (I got to 3%), the test said the battery was "ok" and finished. Shortly after the notebook stopped charging again.
What should I try next?
10-05-2016 12:03 PM - edited 10-05-2016 12:10 PM
Welcome to the HP forums! It is a great way to engage, post questions and find resolutions by working with specialists in the HP community. I understand that you need assistance with the computer’s battery getting an error”Plugged in, not charging. It’ll be a genuine pleasure to assist you with this.
A commendable job was done by attempting to perform troubleshooting steps before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with tech-savvy and technically sound customers like you. Kudos to you for that. I am amazed at your technical skills and levels of technical knowledge. Great work trying different chargers and running the HP support assistant battery check.
A few steps to try: Please perform a hard reset first:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.
- Please run hardware diagnostics on the battery by visiting this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 Select the option “Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)” to perform component tests which include the battery and make a note of any failure codes if any component fails. The battery may not get detected sometimes.
- You could try with a different battery to check if that battery charges if you could get hold of one to isolate the issue to the battery.
- if the computer powers down with the charger unplugged and the battery does not hold any charge then it could be a battery issue and may require a replacement.
For further assistance please visit this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-n000-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/5422975/tro... Please select the most appropriate option that best describes the issue from this link.
I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and things work great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts by giving me a Kudos. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.
Take care now and have a terrific week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot