10-31-2016 02:54 AM
My notebook g6-1279sl - QJ553EA # ABZ comes with 6 GB of RAM; I wanted to know if I can expand it to 8GB taking off the bench 2 and adding another 4gb bench.
As in the various sites of memories, this model can not find it, there are those who can tell me the exact model of RAM compatible with my notrbook?
Thank you !
10-31-2016 03:45 AM
As per the System Board Architecture, your unit can only support upto 6-GB of memory.
Please go through the below Maintenance and Service Guide for clear underatanding: PAGE 11 AND 12
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot