Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

randomly shuts down

hp pavilion 14-ab057
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

its been just a month i bought this laptop hp pavilion 14-ab057 and i am facing numorous problms.
firstly it gets down randomly while am doing some work ,it gets shut down ,
next it some times the screen goes black totally.no message nothing  ,i have to restart it.

And now a days when i restart it shows a message
"the system has detected that the cooling fan is not operating correctly.
continued operation is not recomended
System fan 90B'
its within warranty its jsut 45 days old from the date of buying

1 REPLY 1
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 144
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

randomly shuts down

Hi,

Try to update the BIOS of your computer.

NOTE: Sometimes updating the bios mess up with the log in password of your computer. Before anything else, kindly remove the password or unlock the computer by pressing Windows button+R then type netplwiz then click okay. Then under user uncheck the box then type the login password then confirm it. Dont touch the user name. After the update just do the same instruction then put a check mark in the box to activate the login password again.

Go to https://hp.com/support. Enter your computer's product number to the search bar and press enter

1 HP Driver.PNG

Click Software and Drivers then click Go

2 HP Driver.PNG

3 HP Driver.PNG

Click version then select the operating system of your computer.

4 HP Driver.PNG

It will then show you the list of drivers you need. Just hover to BIOS then download it manually and run the driver.

5 HP Driver.PNG

Hope it helps.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation