Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3002nx.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has 2 Full size USB ports in the right side (which has a problem)

and one USB-C in the left side working fine all the time

usually when i boot the Full size USB ports not working at all like it has no power output as even the regular laser mouse not lighting on neither any USB HDD or or USB Drive.

i have check and has all my driver updated , BIOS also updated

and after some time randomly it start working i have no clue how it is working or after how long

i found some suggestions to disable the system from cutting power of the USB port for battery saving and this didn't help

also i have tried to disable fast shutdown as some are suggested that and this also didn't help

i have also uninstall and reinstall the USB host controller and USB 3 hub from device manager and restart this also didn't help

i have reset the laptop fully ,and also reinstalled the OS from scratch all this didn't help

btw this is the second machine as i already returned the first one for the same reason and this is a replacement new unit

but i have passed the 15 days return window unfortunately 

if somebody from have any other way to make it working , or troubleshoot it correctly please let me know

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

is any one from Admins or HP employees can Help ?

HP Recommended

@scropion86 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that on the right-hand side of the laptop USB ports are not working.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

First, you have to perform the USB component test and check. we would like to confirm the hardware is a failure or not.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose USB and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

i haven't found  component test but alternative is Board Test which i ran and it show that USB 

but the issue still exists 

below is the images

1.jpg2.jpg

HP Recommended

@praveen196 any additional step i should do to get this resolved

HP Recommended

@scropion86 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to see the component test on the BIOS screen.

You have to update the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

Then you will see the component test. perform the USB component test.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

i have installed the Tool and the Error showing as below

Failure ID is 0SPTS1-A0DA1R-MFPXHA-8D6F03

scropion86_0-1582695405929.png

HP Recommended

@scropion86

Thank you for the information. 

According to the failure code, the USB port is a failure.

I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

we are suffering from exact same issue

run the component test - results state:

USB Port Check: Failed

Failure ID: 9GCO5H-9SNA3M-MFPXGK-8D3503

Product ID: 8PM93EA#A2N

Sporadically the port will power up but now becoming a big issue and causing delays with work progress

Could I ask the support to forward details on how to fix locally

HP Recommended

i have the USB working perfectly now by upgrading the BIOS to revision F.05 Rev.A  despite the change log not  indicating the issue or that this BIOS version is fixing it but it fix it for me, i just see that newer revision is available but didn't tried it

here is the Link for it

https://support.hp.com/za-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-cs3000-laptop-pc-series/29133460/mod...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.