2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replacement keyboard HP Laptop 15-da1303ng

HP Laptop 15-da1303ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i need to change my laptop´s keyboard after a water damage.

So my question is: Is there a replacement keyboard for HP Laptop 15-da1303ng available?

I already searched through the HP support database but could not find a replacement keyboard....

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,409 42,198 6,728 11,751
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is very hard to explain but these days most laptops are made such that the keyboard is not a separate replaceable part. It is fastened into the "top cover" and you must replace the top cover to replace the keyboard. You will sometimes find unscrupulous vendors selling just the keyboard but what they are selling is a component part of a larger part. The keyboard is riveted in and very hard for the home technician or even a regular repair shop to get the old keyboard out and a new one in right. And to make matters worse, the top cover is a residual part. You disassemble the laptop from the bottom down so you have to remove everything...motherboard etc. and then the top cover is left and you rebuild the laptop onto the top cover upside down. Done it a couple times; not recommended. 

So the part you want is not the keyboard but the "Top Cover"

Post back if you need more help with this. 

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer!

Do you know if I can buy a Top Cover from the official HP online store (or any other online shop)?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,409 42,198 6,728 11,751
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Velleicht. Here is the Manual HP has posted on the support page for your model, but it does not actually say your model is included:

Manual 

Take a look and see if it looks like your laptop and then, if so, find the top cover loking at pages 15 and 54 to get the color and the language right. Once we have a part number we can look at the usual places to buy. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation