09-11-2013 05:26 AM
Hello, i am using Pavilion dv6 model, everything is fine about it, i just want to replace existing HDD with the new SATA 3 SSD. Is this model supports SATA 3.
I think SSD will improve the notebook performance aswell as battery life.
09-11-2013 08:00 AM
There are dozens of dv6 models. Some will run a sata III SSD at the sata III speed and some will not.
If you have a dv6 with an Intel series 6 or 7 chipset, the SSD will run at the SATA III speed.
If you have a dv6 with an Intel series 5 or older chipset, the SSD will not run at the sata III speed.
If your notebook has AMD hardware, you will need to google the AMD chipset specs and see, because unfrotunately, I don't know much about the AMD chipset specs.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot