10-10-2012 12:40 AM
i have hp pavillion dv6 2138ca notebook pc and windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
when i troubleshoot storage devices in hp support assistant i run hard disk check and find smart check issue.
what does that mean and please provide me the solution.
kindly help me .
10-10-2012 01:54 PM
Not really. A bad hard drive is not trustworthy and needs to be replaced. There are some programs that claim to "fix" hard drives but if you believe that I have some Florida real estate I want to sell you. Even with that software it means wiping the drive clean, running the program for hours or days and then restoring the data. Might as well buy a new drive.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot