Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I bought my HP Spectre x360 back in January and I've begun to notice that the lid of the laptop no longer seamlessly lies flat when the laptop is closed. When closed the center of the laptop lifts off a bit from the body, right where I usually grab to open the laptop. The left side of the right hinge is also raised higher then the right side of the hinge when the laptop is open. The left hinge is still flat. 

Will this issue increase the likelihood of the display cracking or should I send it in to be repaired?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@chuckglobal

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Sounds like all the broken Spectre X360's I've had, too. They fall apart as screws come loose inside. Trackpad, hinges, and lid, all prone to failure. 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with a specter I bought less than two months ago. It is always in a case, has never been bumped or hit, and the left side of the right hinge is protruding, while the metal around it is bent. It is clear that there has been no impact to it. I'm super bummed, because I love it otherwise, and would appreciate being contacted by HP to explore options for repair or replacement. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@CSW2010

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. The left hinge is bent inwards. It appears to be a loose screw. I've had it for less than a month, and I've kept it in a case when not in use. 

HP Recommended

@tdms108

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.