cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
mahmomen
Level 1
6 4 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

ssd upgradement

HP Recommended
omen 17 cb0080nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to know if i can install this ssd into my omen17 laptop "

Force Series™ MP510 960GB M.2 SSD"  as an additional ssd

5 REPLIES 5
rockerrishabh
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As i see there is only one M.2 slot in your Notebook. You have to remove installed ssd then insert a new one. You can add 2.5 inch ssd instead of M.2.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mahmomen
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
theres 2 nvme slots not 1
rockerrishabh
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then you can add another. You can have both ssd's but with different read and write speeds.

mahmomen
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

u mean that i shouldnt buy a 3500 / 3000 ssd ? it wont work perfect ?

rockerrishabh
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can go for force series if you want it. Higher r/rw speed ssd's  work with low r/rw speed ssd's. Example- Adding 960gb force series 3480mb/s ssd with 512gb crucial ssd 520mb/s( works perfectly but both have different r/rw speeds).

Your system has 512gb ssd and you can add force series ssd without a problem. you have a high speed 512gb pcie nvme installed.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation