Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ----  I have a  hp probook,

but support assistant says I have 

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

how iis this possible? 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @fpefpe 

I want to know the product number (p/n) of your laptop, to dive a little deeper into this problem.

please open powershell console and send me output of the following command:

Get-WmiObject win32_computersystem | Select-Object SystemSKUNumber

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

@fpefpe 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

This Product introduced in 2017.

The HPSA is likely just wrong.

Perhaps the HPSA is convinced the two models are essentially the same thing.  Can happen.

I don't find a reference to support that idea for this particular model series.

There is a lot here - check through and then decide what you want to try / do...

=========================================================================

Remove Device from HPSA

Should be simple - sometimes "not-so-much"

If you cannot pry the unwanted device out of the HPSA

and / or

HPSA won't correctly identify your computer,

Uninstall the HPSA > if found Uninstall the HP Support Solutions

Restart the computer and log in

Optionally reinstall the HPSA.

There is mention that the original HPSA was the software version (version 8.x) - and a note that the more current version might be the application type of the HP Support Assistant (version 9.x).  It's a bit unclear what / whether the program can sort itself on your machine.

Hunt down the version of the HP Support Assistant that is installed in your system to uninstall / reinstall it.

Types" of HPSA...

There are two flavors / types of the HP Support Assistant available.

1 ) Software Type

HP Support Assistant Softwarewhen installed, is located in Programs and Features

and  includes

HP Support Solutions Framework (companion software to HPSA)

When installed, HP Support Solutions Framework is located in Programs and Features

Uninstall the HP Support Assistant first

If found, Uninstall the HP Support Solutions next

OR

2) Application Type

HP Support Assistant Application, when installed from the Microsoft Store, is found in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

At this writing, the application is likely version 9.x or later.  

NOTE: The “latest version” can change as new versions of the app are introduced.

Uninstall the HPSA Application from

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

NOTE:  Application type might include the HP Support Solutions Framework as a result of using “Auto-Detect” to find your computer / device at Product Home

If you want to reinstall the HP Support Assistant...

Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Technical white paper - HP Support Assistant 9.0

Software and Drivers

Software and drivers for HP ProBook 455 G4 Notebook PC 

Operating System = Windows 10

According to the Driver list for Windows 10, there are only a few software / drivers that are providing updates - driver attrition, that is, fewer and fewer updates, is normal for an aging device.

You can easily manually check / manage / install updates at this point.

What else?

If you ever owned the Elitebook model that HPSA insists on showing, the uninstall / reinstall of the HPSA will likely fix the erroneous listing.

Check - and remove - unwanted device(s) in your HP Account Dashboard.

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Notes: 

• Log into your HP Account if / when you need central access to your device information, including the ability to update your personal  information.
  • Printers ever subscribed to Instant Ink might resist being removed and will remain in the list.

HP Support Personal Dashboard Resource Guide 

Example - HP Account Dashboard

HP_Account_Dashboard_4HP_Account_Dashboard_4

What else?

Your business class system does not even need HPSA for the purpose of installing updates - instead you can use the business class software HP Image Assistant.  HPIA has the advantage of being written for your machine type - and it handles fussy BIOS updates, even in a group of other drivers, with a reduced risk of breaking something when the BIOS is applied.

Single System Management Software – HP Image Assistant

Many newer business (commercial) computers are supported in the HP Image Assistant management grade software. 

At this writing: If your computer was manufactured before the EOL date for the Software Download Manager, you can choose to use (or continue using) SDM.

HPIA Information and Download

Business Systems - Client Management Solutions (software management)

Scroll to the bottom of the Website for additional information and links.

HP Image Assistant is a free tool that aids IT Administrators improve the quality and security of their PC Windows image by diagnosing the image, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and analyzing their PC’s readiness for migration between Windows 7 and Windows 10.

HP Image Assistant can be downloaded at the HP Manageability website.

HP Image Assistant (HPIA)

From the Image Assistant Web page:

HP Image Assistant Installation Path Notes

The software installs into C:\SWSetup\<sp#> where “sp#” is the name of the installation package.

Once installed, (Optionally) PIN the software executable to Windows Start and or Taskbar

Optionally, the software executable can be “sent to Desktop” as a shortcut

When changing versions of the software, links and PINNED shortcuts must be checked and updated manually

Example - HP Image Assistant

HPIA_V5.1.3_Download-Install_1HPIA_V5.1.3_Download-Install_1

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\Users\Frank> Get-WmiObject win32_computersystem | Select-Object SystemSKUNumber

SystemSKUNumber
---------------
1JR85UT#ABA

PS C:\Users\Frank>

HP Recommended

Hello @fpefpe 

Please double check the product number (p/n) that is printed on the back of the notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

@fpefpe wrote:

SystemSKUNumber
---------------
1JR85UT#ABA

1JR85UT links to ...

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g2-notebook-pc/14169372/mode...

Someting is really wrong here, you have to contact HP Support.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

yes --- something ios wrong here  --  I been reporting this to HP for over a year --- and all I hear is crickets   ---  I  even   include this jpg of   of the  under side of the laptop (i scrartched out the s/n number here since this is a public forum)   

If you know a direct contact  that I can contact it would be appreciated 

image.jpg

HP Recommended

@fpefpe 

I've sent this to the moderator team for review and possible escalation.

For your reference...

How to find

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Reminder:  Do Not post the serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

Request for Review – Please Read

I have submitted a request to our Community moderators for a review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site is NOT a good idea.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello @fpefpe 

@fpefpe wrote:

yes --- something ios wrong here  --  I been reporting this to HP for over a year --- and all I hear is crickets   ---  I  even   include this jpg of   of the  under side of the laptop (i scrartched out the s/n number here since this is a public forum)   

It looks like the crickets are going to have visitors ...

Please keep me updated.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

hello --- thanks for your help --- what power does the group  moderator have to exclate this?  Is He/She a  employee of HP? 

HP Recommended

@fpefpe 

The Community moderators and the Community administrators have limited "power".

The request will be reviewed by the moderators, possibly escalated, and sent to HP agents - 

Moderator, Admins, and Agents in the Community do have access to HP when it is necessary. 

It is up to HP to accept and respond.

It is out of our hands -

Experts and Members do not have direct access to HP Support from within the Community.

I suggest, for the moment, that you stand by.

Yes, I know - no one wants to "Stand by" and wait.

Also, as long as the machine is working - for the moment - ignore HP Support Assistant.

If you have need to update any drivers, do so manually - or wait for that, too.

If you are concerned, make sure your personal data backups are kept current.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.