01-11-2012 02:38 PM
HP Pavillion dv7 Product no A1T85UA#ABA windows 7 operating system, system fan 90B is not running properly and computer can overheat and damage the computer. If I don't hit enter immediately, the computer shuts off.
01-11-2012 02:50 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 04:02 PM by OscarFuentes
You can try to do a Hard Reset to see if the issue will go away.
( see below )
If your Fan is truly failed as indicated by the BOOT hardware tests. I would recommend calling HP support @ 1800 hp support to schedule a service.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
- Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
- Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
- If prompted to boot into Safe Mode or select a special type of start up, use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , and then press the enter key.
"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
01-11-2012 02:51 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 04:02 PM by OscarFuentes
Hello, I'm going to ask a couple of questions to see if we can help you.
When did this issue first start?
Can you get the PC to boot to Windows?
if so please tell me the BIOS version, you can see it by holding down the "fn" key and pressing the "esc" key
There are other good tips in this link but we should start with the BIOS.
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
08-13-2013 10:24 AM
If u got this "the 90B system fan isn't working properly".
Just remove the battery and use with power connection for some hours.
try this once.