Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP - 15-db0011nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop ,while I am using it,  the screen suddenly turns off. I bought a cooler because i supposed it was an overheat problem , but it still turns off. WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @billysidy

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest you perform the extensive test -

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4. Click Extensive Test. 

Let me know the outcome.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No idea if this has worked as waiting for the next catastrophic screen failure. The machine passed the test advised above, and no problems were reported.

HP Recommended

@billysidy

As the test passed, this looks like an issue with the operating system. Please back-up the data and try these steps -

1. Shutdown the computer. 
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5. Click on Troubleshoot. 
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 
Note : System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you saying this will delete all files and folders or just 'data'?

HP Recommended

I do not want to do this as I do not have anywhere to store all my work, etc. I do not want it to be removed/destroyed.

HP Recommended

@Houellebecq I'm afraid that's exactly what it means, however, considering the tests have passed and there are no hardware issues, a re-installation of the windows will resolve the issue once and for all, I suggest you get yourself an external USB storage device or get the free google drive online for up-to 15gb of your data (optional) and then perform the steps mentioned earlier.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.