2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touch screen replacement

envy x360 15-w100nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello ...

recently i bought a new laptop (envy x360 15-w100nx) .

not 1 week after i bought it had  litle accedent causing the touch glass screen broke , yeah you can imagin how i FEEL(stil cant beleave how a litle fall from a bed while the laptop inside the bag can break it... really disapointing) .

any way , now i have new laptop with broken glass (VERY UGLY) and no hp service center near me .

so i was hopping to assist me for choosing the right touch screen glass (waranty destroyed , I AM that desperat)

i have been looking online for a glass with the exact model name but nothing seem cristal clear to me .

so my quesion is, is any laptop with model number envy x360 15-Wxxx is compatible with mine ??

when i dowload document for my model from HP site i noticed that document is for envy x360 m6-w models , do they have the same parts ??

how can i know if a replacement part is compatible or not ??

please help in any way you can .

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
38567 38385 5885 10256
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touch screen replacement

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Unfortunately HP does not "spare" the glass and and digitizer as a separate part. For this you have to go into the aftermarket:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-Envy-X360-m6-w103dx-M6-W104dx-15-6-Digitizer-Touch-Screen-Glass-US-FA...

Note the warning on this auction. You are going to have to disassemble the unit to check the digitizer and see if it matches the one in this auction. 

If not we can help you find the right one. 

HPian10 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touch screen replacement

thank you very much ...

so the glass is fully compatible the only problem is the digitizer .

can please provid me a link that has the second version of the digitizer ?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
38567 38385 5885 10256
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touch screen replacement

The glass and digitizer is a unit so there are two different glass/digitizer parts. First thing to do is open it up and see which of the two you have before we go looking for the other one. I think this seller might have both versions so you can just contract the seller. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation