Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Before I do the bios update, when I play valorant, I get around 70-80 fps, but after the update, my gpu usage is litmited to around 30-45% with the Cpu usage hovering around 90-100% and my frames are never higher then 50fps. (My gpu core clock is always around 1500mhz when I play games) 

PS: the gpu tempreture limit seems too be changed from 63 degree C to 70 degree C after the bios update.

Is there anyway to downgrade my bios to the older version to fix this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@breadandbeeef

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

If the issue started after a BIOS update, I suggest you try a BIOS Crisis Recovery

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried using the bios crsis recovery but nothign changed, I am still experiencing  low gpu usage, is there anyway to down grade my BIOS version to the one before I do the update to F.48 rev A?

HP Recommended

@breadandbeeef

Unfortunately you might not be able to downgrade the BIOS is the Crisis Recovery didn't work

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest Firmware and Drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked the update from the HPSA and everything is up-to-date. I also tried to update winows and my Nvidia graphic driver, but nothing seems to be working. i checked the Hp support website and there seems to be a version of BIOS that is poste on 2018 I can install, but even though it says it matches with my laptop, when I try to install it, it says it doesn't support my laptop. the version of that BIOS is F.42 Rev. A

HP Recommended

@breadandbeeef

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Since the issue started after the BIOS update, I suggest you perform a BIOS Crisis Recovery

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already tried doing a bios crsis recovery, it didn't fix the problem.

However, there seems to be a version of Bios I can install from the hp website which is the F. 42 rev A. Even though the hp support website says it fits my laptop, when I try to install that version of BIOS, it doesn't match my laptop.

Is there anyway to go back to the version of BIOS i had before?

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me ; posted

At this time I suggest you contact HP Support in your Region and an HP Engineer should be able to Remote into your Laptop and check this out

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.