Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi everyone, thank your for your suggestions and answers

I would like to upgrade my hp8770w with new better gpu with top benchmark

The original k3000m doesn't  satisfy me on perfomance so my intention it's to buy new piece on ebay.

any differences among that gpu card

p1000m

m3000m

gtx 980/970m ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Andrea7619,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the exact model and the product number for your computer.

You can find the product details from the below link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Spoiler

I have already posted few months ago

Originally I bought hp 8760w, with cpu i7 2670qm... It satisfied my till december , than I noticed too slow reaction from pc, ...

so as I could not upgrade my cpu with i7 3rd generation  I bough new motherboard with case included, I traspland monitor on new case and got "a formal 8760w screen, with 8770w motherboard"

When I try to use vga, the cpu will increase frequenty, and when I use dvi  the gpu works half parts of computer operation.

But If I use heavier the pc the i7 3610qm and gpu quadro k3000m doesnt have a optmial perfomance

When I download gpu update trere is a list of graphic card comptabile, such as  m3000m or p1000m 

Just gtx 970m it's completely unknown. but someone has installed both gpu ...

So for me I am going to buy for sure quadro m3000M , but I wanted to know if other user has already tried on this operation.

Second question : if other people on youtube has been able to update bios with other brand, can i update my motherboard 8760w, with bios of 8770w ? to get also on old motherboard the i7 3rd geneation ?

Thank you for your reply.

anyway 

serial cnu333bcjk

product : a7g08av

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.