Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

upgrade battery on Envy 17-bw0000na

HP Recommended
Envy 17-bw0000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade the battery on my Envy 17-bw0000na as i am certainly not getting anywhere near of 10hrs even when i drop the brightness, switch off the luminated keyboard and drop the performance.  I see that the device comes with a 3 cell battery and wondered if there is a either a 9 cell version or even better 12 cell.

I have a 9 cell battery in my Lenovo for work and this works considerably longer in fact to the extent that i can use it longer than a working day off battery power.

Any help would be grateful received.

thanks

Ty

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,563 7,996
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yafal

Sorry but that's the only one made for your laptop.

Battery (3-cell, 52-WHr, 4.55-AHr, Li-ion, includes cable)   L09281-855 

Your manual here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001790

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for that, its pretty rubbish that there isnt the option to upgrade the battery.  If i had know that when i purchased it and known that the battery doesnt last a long as stated i would have reconsidered purchasing it as i use it on a plane alot and they dont all have charging sockets.

thanks again and maybe i can find an "after market" one that does the trick.

Ty

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation