cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

upgrade my SSD

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will the HP EX920 M.2 1TB PCIe 3.1 SSD work in my HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC 13 4110D

4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
43,948 43,734 7,015 12,363
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No it supports SATA M.2 only not NVME

Service Manual 

See p. 20. All listed compatible part numbers are SATA M.2. You can install Samsung 860 Evo M.2 or WD Blue among others. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply. Here's my follow-up question:

When I look at page 20, as you suggest, it shows up to 512 GB as compatible, at least at the time the manual was put together. Does that mean I cannot put in a 1 Terabyte SSD???

WD Blue shows: 

3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B

or what about something like:

Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 SATA Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-N6E1T0BW)???

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
43,948 43,734 7,015 12,363
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

capacity of the drive is not the issue. It is the technology. 2 types of M.2 SSD. SATA or PCIe/NVME. You may notice some have a 3-prong interface and some have a 2-prong interface. You can install a WD Blue or Samsung 860 Evo of any capacity. I have seen 4 TB SSDs and you could install one of them. The HP you asked about is an NVME and will not work in your laptop. 

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Huffer, Thank you very much for the help, so I can end up purchasing a SSD that will work in my laptop.

I appreciate it.

Regards, JJO4

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation