12-08-2011 08:11 PM
I'm trying to upgrade the RAM and graphics card on my G72-B62US but I don't know what upgrades would be compatible with it. It runs Windows 7 with 4gb of RAM and an Intel(R) HD Graphics chip (Pentium) with 1696mb memory currently. Does anyone have any idea how I would be able to find out if there is a site or place i would be able to visit in order to find out what upgrades I could make?
12-08-2011 08:25 PM
Graphics in laptops are built into the motherboard, can't be upgraded.
For ram, get the program speccy.
It will show you excactly what kind you have. You need to get some in the same speed and ddr version.
If you need help determining this, in speccy go to File and Publish Snapshot and copy the link in your next reply and I will help.
Here is mine so you can see what it looks like:
Mine says ram is DDR2 and 400 Mhz so I would need that version and speed.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot