Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p073tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am thinking of upgrading my laptop to new HD screen, is it possible ? and i also want to increase the ram and add ssd instead of CD Writer, will the increase in ram will be effective with old i7 4th gen processor?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

In order to install a full HD screen you need not only the screen panel but a different screen cable which makes the job much more difficult and a bit more expensive but can be done. Memory can be upgraded from 8 gb of DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM.Manual says 12 gb is the max but that is not the case. 2 x 8 works fine. You could add an SSD but I would not put it in a DVD caddy. Remove the hard drive, and put it in the DVD caddy and put the SSD inside the laptop so it is bootable and runs at its max speed. 

Generally it makes more sense to just buy a new laptop than to do a massive overhaul project like this. Your i7 4th gen laptop is still OK, but lacks some modern features like USB-C which would be nice to have. But if you want to do this upgrade post back and we can help you with instructions and purchase links for the parts. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.