Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (97 Views)

upgrading my laptop

Product Name: HP 2000-2b19WM Notebook pc
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Product Name: HP 2000-2b19WM Notebook PC

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI i was wondering if i could change the pc board in my laptop to an hp 688277-501 pc board, or

can i replace my pc board with one that has an intel processor? also can i change the cd/dvd drive with one that plays and burns blue ray's?  If i can change it to one that uses an intel processor witch intel processor would work best? I would also like to know the maximum amount of ram the motherboard/pc board you suggest can take? Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (90 Views)

Re: upgrading my laptop

Hi,

Well, looks like you are talking about buying a new machine here (would be cheaper and less headache). Anyway, the cheapest way to improve it right now

(a) Add 4GB RAM: It has 4GB on one slot now, you can add SAME 4GB on the second slot

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03619178

(b) Change slow existing 320GB HDD to a faster HDD or SSD. SSD's are very cheap now. 

The first manual on the following link will help you a lot more:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/model/5360117/manuals

My suggestion: saving more money to buy a new machine. Your machine is around 4 years old now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (65 Views)

Re: upgrading my laptop

Yea but can I upgrade it with any of these parts I mentioned earlier
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation