08-31-2016 03:51 PM
HI i was wondering if i could change the pc board in my laptop to an hp 688277-501 pc board, or
can i replace my pc board with one that has an intel processor? also can i change the cd/dvd drive with one that plays and burns blue ray's? If i can change it to one that uses an intel processor witch intel processor would work best? I would also like to know the maximum amount of ram the motherboard/pc board you suggest can take? Thank you for your time.
08-31-2016 04:13 PM
Well, looks like you are talking about buying a new machine here (would be cheaper and less headache). Anyway, the cheapest way to improve it right now
(a) Add 4GB RAM: It has 4GB on one slot now, you can add SAME 4GB on the second slot
(b) Change slow existing 320GB HDD to a faster HDD or SSD. SSD's are very cheap now.
The first manual on the following link will help you a lot more:
My suggestion: saving more money to buy a new machine. Your machine is around 4 years old now.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot